Green living. Now that’s a term that many have heard but do not really fully comprehend yet. For many, it simply means living in an environment-friendly home. For others, it is not only about an eco-friendly home, but also a community that encourages environmental sustainability. This is precisely why I have, time and again, expressed my admiration for the management of Italpinas Development Corporation. IDC is the developer of Primavera Residences, the city’s premier eco-friendly condominium. This year, Italpinas will unveil another groundbreaking project, the Primavera City.
If you like green living, you will love Primavera City. Like IDC’s Primavera Residences, Primavera City will also offer green features such as natural ventilation and a cooling system through void spaces in the middle of each tower. Residents will then enjoy fresh air day in and day out. In addition to this, it also applies the new concept of condominium living in the city: using an innovative solar power system to reduce energy consumption of the building. A semi-transparent photovoltaic panel will be installed at the rooftop, which will not only reduce the building’s total energy consumption, but will also serve as a shading façade for its amenities.
Artistic rendering of the Primavera City Sky Garden.
I can go on and on about all the green features of Primavera City, like its sky garden, but I’m sure you’re also interested in what an eco-friendly home can offer you.
The Benefits of Green Living
There is no specific definition of green living. It can mean different things to different people. Its general concept, however, is focused on creating a lifestyle that embraces the importance of nature. A green building veers away from factors that can cause irreversible damage to the environment.
Apart from safety – from pollution and other similar factors – living in an eco-friendly or green condominium or home also offers several benefits. Here are those with the most impact:
- Green living is cost-effective. A photovoltaic panel, natural ventilation, cooling system, and other similar features will help reduce electricity cost. Heating and cooling the home will come naturally.
- Green living means more durable materials. The materials used for homes like Primavera Residences and Primavera City are guaranteed to be durable. Additionally, the materials are sustainable. This means maintenance cost will be significantly reduced. Because of this, its property value will increase.
- Green homes are safe. They do not use toxic materials. As such, greenhouse gas emissions are reduced. The air is rid of toxic waste. Since a green home has fresh air freely flowing in and out, the environment is cleaner and healthier.
- Green living promotes better health. This is true especially for children, who are so sensitive to pollution. A green home will help minimize allergies, respiratory problems, chapped lips, flaky skin, and dry sinuses, among others.
- Green living promotes an improved, healthier, and happier life. Because everything in your home is affecting you in a positive way; because your environment is a happy and safe one, this will all radiate into the other areas of your life. This means: more quality time for your family and friends, better health, increased self-confidence, and a more grateful attitude.
An eco-friendly home can lead to better quality of living and, ultimately, a better future.
Italpinas’ Primavera City is a breakthrough development because it completely embraces the concept of green living. Envisioned to have seven green buildings, the city within a city will feature integrated multi-functional buildings. Phase 1 is set to be launched this June 2016.