If I were to list down all my favorite television series, this list will go on and on. Although I have a number of steady favorites, there’s just too many interesting new titles every season. This season is no exception. There’s one from Steven Spielberg (one of my heroes) and there’s another new one from JJ Abrams (one of my fave TV show think tanks). There’s actually many more. Not all of the new ones will make it to my list, though, as some are only good in the beginning.
Below is a list of my perennial favorites. The ones that I don’t intend to take off the list. I don’t know what your choice of TV shows or series are, but these are mine – and mine alone. I have my own reasons for putting them on the list.
1. Criminal Minds – I’m a big fan of the guys of the FBI’s Behavioral Analysis Unit (BAU). This season is made all the more exciting by the return of one of the original characters, JJ, played by AJ Cook. The main reason why I love this procedural is because it focuses more on the criminal rather than on the crime….And oh, yes, I love Dr. Spencer Reid (Matthew Gray Gubler)!
2. CSI, CSI Miami, CSI New York – I’m a fan of forensic science. And Horatio Caine rocks!
3. Flashpoint – This Canadian procedural is about Canada’s Strategic Response Unit (SRU), which is tasked to solve situations like hostage taking and bomb threats. I love the way the show is presented, and the fact that the characters are scarred – they’re humans, not superhero wannabes!
4. Blue Bloods – Tom Selleck. Donnie Whalberg. Bridget Moynahan. A family of lawyers and cops. The family dinner scene. These are the reasons why I love Blue Bloods. Plus, it’s a cop story with a heart.
5. How I Met Your Mother – Neil Patrick Harris/Barney Stinson. That’s the best reason why one should watch this awesome show!
6. House – Because Dr. Gregory House rocks…and nobody can play him the way that Hugh Laurie does! Another reason why House is on my list is its concept. It’s like CSI inside the hospital.
7. True Blood – Because it’s what vampires are really all about. And I’m drawn to the idea of mortals and vampires co-existing.
8. The Walking Dead – It’s fresh. It’s exciting. It’s different. It has zombies. It’s epic.
9. Hawaii Five-O – The script is good. I like the tandem of Steve and Danny. And I love Hawaii.
10. NCIS: Los Angeles – I like the characters and the cast. The stories are intriguing. It’s a procedural that’s not just action – it has brains. Also, G. Callen (Chris O’Donnell) is an intriguing but likeable character. And Linda Hunt as Hetty is simply awesome!
11. Dexter – The story of a bloodstain pattern analyst who transforms into a serial killer by night is simply one-of-a-kind. Dexter Morgan is the type of character you would love to hate – but cannot. You’ll despise him first, pity him next and then applaud him towards the show’s end.
12. Fringe – Because the concept of a parallel universe is mind blowing. Because it’s a JJ Abrams masterpiece. Because I love the relationship of Walter and Peter. Because, as the A.V. Club put it; Fringe is a “rare blend of inventive ideas, wild ambition, and unexpected soulfulness”. And, well, I’ve always been a huge Joshua Jackson fan.
13. Glee – Because I believe the Glee Club is cool. And music is my kind of thing.
14. Alphas – Because I like to think I can have powers, too. I like the plot and the characters – and the fact that it’s way better than Heroes.
15. Supernatural – The Winchester brothers are my heroes in the horror and supernatural genre. I love the fact that they’re brothers but they work well together (well, except for occasional arguments and misunderstandings, that is!). They fight against the devil and work alongside angels, of which my favorite is Castiel. It’s a western supernatural show.
Here are some of the other TV series/shows that I love and regularly watch:
-Unforgettable (with Poppy Montgomery)
-New Girl (with the adorable Zooey Deschanel)
-NCIS (with Mark Harmon)
-Bones (with Emily Deschanel and David Boreanaz)
-The Lying Game
-Pretty Little Liars
-Person of Interest (with Jim Caviezel)
-Sons of Anarchy
-So You Think You Can Dance
-Nikita (with Maggie Q)
-The Amazing Race
-The Amazing Race Asia
And here are those that have been cancelled/or those that have ended:
-Without A Trace
-Criminal Minds: Suspect Behavior
-Buffy: The Vampire Slayer
-Trapper John, M.D.
-Doogie Howser, M.D.
-The Wonder Years
-Charles In Charge
-Who’s the Boss?
-Murder She Wrote
-The Love Boat
Finally, here’s a list of the new shows that I just might include in my list.
-American Horror Story
-Once Upon A Time
-Beavis and Butthead
Happy viewing, everyone! 😀